PRP i.e. platelet rich plasma is effectively a composition of your own blood that is injected into the areas you wish to rejuvenate. A small amount of blood is drawn from you and placed in a sterile tube that is spun down in a centrifuge to separate the different components of the blood. Red and white blood cells are divided from the platelets and the plasma (the clear fluid). This plasma now contains a higher than normal number of platelets and is called platelet rich plasma, or PRP.
Platelets are the cells in the blood that help tissue to heal and grow new cells. The PRP, platelet rich plasma that is injected is a concentrated formula of your own platelets, which makes it rich in growth factors when injected into specific areas of the skin, act as a matrix that promotes your own collagen to grow, regenerates tissue, and thus naturally smoothens and tighten the facial and neck skin--making it look more toned, more vibrant. In this way, PRP softens wrinkles and creates smoother skin texture and tone. The PRP treatment is also effective for decreasing the discoloration and hollowness that occur under the eyes. The PRP treatment is not just beneficial for the skin also helps in hair restoration.
Advantages of PRP Treatment
- It is a Simple and a non-surgical OPD procedure.
- It is a 15 to 20 minute procedure with 0 down time in case of multiple Injection procedure might take some time approximately 60 to 90 minutes.
- Safe and reliable results as it is made up of your own cells, there is no risk of rejection, infection, or an allergic reaction.
- Very quick recovery period.
- Beautiful and, above all extremely natural looking end results.